You know that irrational fear that a snake will pop out the toilet when you use it? It just happened in real life. But thankfully nobody was using the toilet when the rattlesnake popped out.
But after finding one in the toilet, the family wasn’t prepared to see more inside their house! It was like a family of snakes were also living with them. Just imagine the horror of seeing a group of rattlesnakes inside your house. Let’s read more about the terrifying story.
8. Snake In The Toilet
The young boy from Abilene, Texas, woke up one Tuesday morning and headed to the bathroom. To his surprise, he found a rattlesnake slithering up his toilet bowl, KXVA reported. “I found this big clump, and I knew it was a snake,” said Isac. Thankfully, Isac was alert and didn’t go potty with the snake inside the toilet. Or else.
7. Mom To The Rescue
He quickly called his mom, Cassie McFadden, who called one of Isac’s older brothers to get a shovel to kill the snake. “I was just like, what do you do with this? What do you do with this? I don’t know!” Cassie shared. If we were them, we would also panic and go blank. But the shovel did help, and they were able to breathe again. Cassie sent a photo to his husband who was at work, and his jaw dropped.
6. Dead Snake
After dealing with the toilet serpent, the family called Big Country Snake Removal for help. The owner Nathan Hawkins showed up and saw the toilet serpent corpse floating in the toilet. He then asked the family if he could do a quick walk around and check the rest of the house for more snakes. Of course, the family agreed.
5. Some More Snakes
Nathan Hawkins walked around the house, and his experience and intuition led him to the family’s old storm cellar where he found 13 more snakes slithering around on top of each other. But aside from the 13, he also found ten more snakes underneath the house. If that doesn’t give you chills, then I don’t know what will. These snakes completely outnumber the McFadden family.
“How is this possible? It’s quite simple; rattlesnakes are secretive and can be very cryptic,” Nathan Hawkins wrote on his Facebook page. “They rely heavily on their camouflage. This is simply how they survive. Just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they aren’t there.” Also according to the latest official figures about 7,000 people, a year are bitten by venomous snakes in the US, with only 0.2 percent ending in death.
Nathan Hawkins of Big Country Snake Removal adds that property owners should have their homes checked regularly for snake infestations and said that they shouldn’t be afraid. “Rattlesnakes are an absolute necessity for the ecosystems, and people have an irrational fear about them,” a company spokesman said. This rattlesnake is trying to get away.
2. Advice From The McFadden’s
Isac and his brothers had some words of wisdom for other kids who will encounter snakes in their homes. “If you find a snake,” they told KXVA, “always get an adult.” Well said. Especially rattlesnakes are a venomous type of snake. Good thing they had the presence of mind and was able to think quickly.
1. All Is Well
The grand total for the day was 24 snakes, including the dead one that was still floating around in its watery grave. Nathan Hawkins doesn’t kill the snakes he catches. Instead, he relocates or donates them to schools so they can study them. This bunch, he set them free at an undisclosed location.
Needless to say the whole ‘snake in the toilet’ bit took off on social media once pictures were posted, and made for one hell of a sales pitch for the snake removal expert.
This was a good marketing opportunity for the snake expert. But thankfully, nobody got hurt in the McFadden family and in the snake family. All is well that ends well. But now that you know these things could happen, you might want to check the toilet every time you use it.
We’re not scaring you, just a friendly word of advice.