“A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” – Helen Steiner Rice
It may be a cliché to say that nothing could ever replace a mother’s tender touch. Tough on the outside but soft on the inside, there is no one in this world like her. And even if you grow up and eventually neglect the fact that she would always be there for you, her love for you has and will always be unconditional. No matter how out-of-this-world irritating your mom is, you got to admit that she’s a one-of-a-kind gem. Whether you’re the high flier or the black sheep in the family, one thing is for sure—your mom can and will never abandon you. Hence, it is just right to give our wonder woman a double tap on the shoulders, right? So the next time you see your mom, try remembering these often forgotten things:
1. Do you think your mom is a superwoman? Well, I do to! With all the roles she plays in your life, it is quite amazing how a single person can be more than what she can be just for you—a guidance counselor, a preacher, a hair stylist, a make-up artist, a designer, a cook, a gardener, a nurse, a defendant, a finance and most importantly, a friend and a confidant. If you think she doesn’t deserve a cape for this one, think again!
2. Remember those moments when you were drunk and you scared the hell out of her because you forgot to call? Yeah, she did forgive you for being a real bitch back then!
3. So, you got fired and your fiance ditched you for somebody else. Remember who listened to all of your endless dramas? Yeah, I thought so!
4. Being who we are now because if it wasn’t for her, we would probably end up sleeping in the streets.
5. Do you know anyone who’s as overprotective as your mother? Yes, I know it’s irritating and sometimes frustrating, but hey, I love it and I’m sure you secretly do too! In fact, I loved how she defended me from the bullies who stole all my food when I was a 7-year-old ugly duckling. Her Hulk-like features just amaze me.
6. If your childhood and teenage years were filled with days when you just can’t find your favorite pen and shirt, I’m sure that you’d agree that your mom was there when you yelled “MOMMMMMMY”! Admit it, your life would’ve been a big mess without her!
7. As you grow up and develop this so-called “independence”, you’d soon realize how valuable money is and I bet you’d regret not saving even a penny a day on a piggy bank when you still had an allowance from your parents. Your mom went through all of that too. Plus, when she got you, she had to ditch her dream shoes just to buy you your favorite lollipop and toy.
8. In times like this where buying dinner can burn a hole in your pocket, you’d surely be grateful for not having to pay a single cent for coming home to a yummy home-cooked meal your mom especially prepared just for you. And of course, let’s not forget about those late night outs that caused you to ditch that dinner date with your mom.
9. Your middle-school life just sucked out all the energy from your mom. Let’s not forget to thank her for that.
10. For not letting you feel alone by making sure you have siblings to grow up with, and for always reminding you to love your siblings no matter how much you hate them when you were a kid.
11. It’s not easy to go through a 12-hour labor just to make sure she sees our smile. So yeah, let’s thank her for getting through all the physical and mental pain.
12. For making us feel like we can be our own super hero even in times when we are in our weakest. And of course, for making us feel like we are natural-born singers when most of the time, our voice cracks. She’s definitely one hell of a cheerleader, isn’t she?
13. Remember the times when she had to pick us up from late rehearsals even though she had to wake up early just to make sure we have a wealthy breakfast and that all of our costumes were ironed out? I remember that too!
14. For holding everything together especially during times when the family is slowly falling apart. For having the patience and the endurance to accept all things, to love all things and to serve with compassion even though she was going through her own nightmares too.
15. For loving your dad unconditionally even in times when she is already breaking inside. For choosing to keep the family’s bond the strongest even when she faced the biggest adversities. For choosing you, for choosing your dad, for choosing your family over her own freedom.
16. And lastly, for making us believe in super heroes and unconditional love. For becoming our source of strength, our star and our one true love.
With all of these and more, we cannot deny the fact that our moms are the superstars of our lives. She is everything and she is willing to be more than what she can be just to make sure that we get all the best in life. More than the “I love you” and the endless “I’m sorry”, she truly deserves our gratitude. After all, no one can ever love us the same way that she does no matter who we are and who comes into our lives. I love my mom. I always had and I always will. Do you love her mom too? Then, she deserves a “thank you”.
Are You On Twitter? Don’t forget to follow @Cyberbreeze
Click here to Like Us on Facebook
Click here to Follow Cyberbreeze on Pinterest